Your joints support your body movements as you carry out your daily activities. Joint pain greatly hinders your productivity. Joint pain can be sharp, numbing, burning, or tingling. At West Knoxville Medical and Chiropractic in Knoxville, TN, we can help with joint pain. Our chiropractor provides methods for pain management and uses natural techniques to alleviate joint pain.
Causes of Joint Pain
Joint pain arises from a variety of factors. Minor sports injuries can cause joint pain, and home pain management remedies can sort this type of joint pain. Medical conditions can cause severe type joint pains. Early pain management and diagnosis by our chiropractor can prevent the issue from becoming a persistent problem.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is the inflammation of the tendon. Tendons are cords that join the muscles to bones. An inflamed tendon causes joint pain and decreases movement in the joint.
- Muscle strain: Muscle strains result from tearing of the muscles' fibers due to overstretching. Muscle strains often affect the larger muscles, such as hamstrings.
- Stress fractures: These are tiny breaks in the leg bones, especially the shinbone, that cause pain in the leg.
- Shin splints: Joint pain starts when muscles around the shinbones tear due to overuse. The pain is experienced on the tibia or along the inner edge of the shinbone.
Muscle cramps are a sudden sharp pain that is experienced when muscles suddenly contract. The sudden contraction may cause redness or inflammation in the surrounding area. Common causes of muscle cramps are dehydration and muscle fatigue. Some medications are also known to cause muscle cramps.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is inflammation of the joints. The area around the joints swell, turn red, and can cause pain in the leg.
- Varicose veins: These are enlarged veins that form when the veins overfill with blood due to malfunctioning valves. The swollen veins cause significant pain and discomfort.
- Infections: Your bones and the surrounding tissues can get infected. The infection causes swelling, redness, and pain.
- Nerve damage: Diabetes may cause nerve damage in the lower part of the legs. Nerve damage causes numbness, tingling, and pain.
Alleviating Joint Pain
Minor joint pain can easily be treated at home using home remedies. Resting and elevating your legs and arms helps you recover from overuse. Applying ice on your joints reduces inflammations causing pain. Stretching also helps athletes to keep the muscles flexible and firm.
When you visit us for frequent joint pain, our chiropractor will perform a physical examination for intense and persistent pain to locate the cause of the pain. Our chiropractic care aims to relieve swelling, increase mobility and treat musculoskeletal, neurological, and vascular joint pain. We will create a personalized treatment plan for you. We may use chiropractic adjustments, electric muscle stimulation, regenerative medicine, trigger point injections, and more to help your joint pain.
Schedule an Appointment for Joint Pain Relief in Knoxville, TN
If you are experiencing joint pain, you don’t have to continue suffering. At West Knoxville Medical and Chiropractic in Knoxville, TN we offer natural, non-invasive solutions for joint pain. Contact us today at (865) 287-5904 to schedule an appointment.