If you’ve injured your knee in an accident or have developed age-related conditions that cause knee pain, it's important to know where to turn for help. These FAQs are designed to familiarize you with the treatment methods available from our Knoxville chiropractor.
What Are the Main Causes of Knee Pain?
Many conditions can lead to acute or chronic knee pain, including:
- Old injuries
It's important to provide your chiropractor with as much information as possible regarding possible causes of your injury. This helps in the diagnosis and relief of knee pain. Even if you aren't sure what caused it, describing your symptoms in detail helps your chiropractor apply the most effective care.
Can Knee Pain Be Treated by a Chiropractor?
Your chiropractor can treat knee pain through a variety of treatment methods, including:
- Spinal adjustment. When your spine is imbalanced, extra pressure may be applied to your joints, including your knees. Spinal adjustments restore balance to your body and reduce the inflammation that causes knee pain.
- Trigger point therapy. This technique involves pressing on points of the body to reduce related pain or discomfort.
- Posture correction. Poor posture puts unnecessary pressure on your muscles and joints. A chiropractor can help you correct your posture and improve the alignment of your spine.
- Low-level laser therapy. Reduces inflammation and promotes blood flow to kick-start the healing process.
- Ultrasound therapy. Ultrasound waves can be used to massage painful knees and the surrounding tissue. It also increases mobility.
- Nutritional counseling. Our chiropractor can help you learn the best foods to store energy and manage your weight.
What Is Regenerative Medicine for Knee Pain?
Our Knoxville chiropractor utilizes Regenerative Medicine from Whortons jelly, which has the highest source of mesenchymal and is more effective. Once concentrated, these cells are injected into your knee.
Regenerative Therapy treatment helps you:
- develop cartilage cells
- reduce inflammation that worsens arthritis pain
- produce cytokines that slow down the deterioration of cartilage
Where Can You Go for West Knoxville Medical and Chiropractic Treatment?
Dr. Nathan Leavitt worked for his uncle, a chiropractor, and followed in his footsteps once he learned the incredible benefits of chiropractic care. Dr. Leavitt is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic, the first college for chiropractors in the world. He believes in a holistic approach to wellness and counsels clients on preventative healthcare and lifestyle choices to maintain good health. Contact our practice today to make an appointment for your knee or other pain.