A vampire facial, also known as a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) facial, is a cosmetic treatment that involves using a patient's own blood to rejuvenate the skin. The procedure typically involves the following steps:
- Blood is drawn from the patient's arm, similar to a routine blood test.
- The blood is then placed in a centrifuge machine, which separates the platelets from the rest of the blood components.
- The platelets are then mixed with a small amount of the patient's plasma to create a platelet-rich plasma (PRP) solution.
- The PRP solution is applied to the patient's face using a microneedling device or injected into specific areas of the face.
- The PRP stimulates the growth of new collagen and elastin, which helps to improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The procedure typically takes about 30 minutes to complete, and patients may experience some mild discomfort or redness afterwards. It is recommended that patients avoid direct sun exposure and strenuous exercise for a few days following the procedure to allow the skin to heal.
Many patients demonstrate marked improvement in the appearance of their skin, including reduced wrinkles, improved skin texture, and a more youthful glow. Results vary depending on the individual and the severity of their skin concerns.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior for this procedure to allow the numbing agent to take effect for a pain free experience.
Call us at (865) 287-5904 for any questions or to schedule a consultation with our qualified healthcare professional to determine if a vampire facial is the right treatment option for you.