Headaches Treatment from your Knoxville Chiropractor
It's estimated that 9 out of 10 people suffer from headaches. For some people, this is only an occasional inconvenience. For others, headaches are a debilitating, chronic problem that can detract from their quality of life. Whether your headaches are constant or just occasional, Dr. Nathan E. Leavitt is here to help.
What are Potential Causes for Headaches?
Headaches happen for a variety of reasons. While some small percentage of the population suffers from headaches as a direct result of diseases and chronic conditions, many headaches are caused by "triggers" in the environment and behaviors of the patient. Here are a few examples of the triggers that can cause headaches:
- Foods. Some headaches are caused by poor blood sugar levels and/or improper nutrition.
- Muscle tension. Stress can cause all the muscles in the body to become tense. This can cause the muscles in the neck and scalp to become tight, ultimately leading to pain.
- Environmental stimuli. Environmental stimuli like bright lights and loud noises can cause headaches.
- Lack of sleep. Lack of sleep can create problems with focus and concentration. This can increase stress, lead to poor eating habits, and ultimately lead to headaches.
- Excessive exercise. Excessive exercise can actually be a trigger for migraines, which are usually the worst headaches anyone ever experiences.
How can Chiropractic Care Help with Headaches?
Chiropractors have many different ways to treat headaches. The methods your chiropractor uses will depend on the reasons that your headaches occur. Here are a few examples of the ways that chiropractic care from a chiropractor can help:
- Chiropractic adjustments. Chiropractic adjustments align the spine and establish balance in the central nervous system. This provides pain relief for tense muscles and musculoskeletal pain, which can reduce cases of stress headaches.
- Nutritional counseling. Many chiropractors provide nutritional counseling to help their patients lose weight and maintain good health. This same nutritional counseling can be used to keep your blood sugar levels under control, which will reduce incidences of headaches from poor diet.
- Lifestyle advice. Often lifestyle choices are the root cause for headaches. Patients who expose themselves to the wrong environmental stimuli, who worry too much to sleep at night, or who exercise too much or too little are all vulnerable to headaches. Chiropractors thoroughly talk to their patients to discover the source of the problem. Once a diagnosis has been made, chiropractors can then work with patients and provide suitable lifestyle advice.
Contact your Knoxville Chiropractor Today
If you suffer from chronic or occasional headaches, don't wait another day. Contact our experienced Knoxville chiropractor headache relief. For a skilled chiropractor in Knoxville, contact the offices of Dr. Nathan E. Leavitt, D.C.. Dr. Leavitt is proud to provide headache relief to the people of Knoxville and the surrounding area. Using solid chiropractic techniques, Dr. Leavitt can treat your pain and help you live comfortably.